Friday, May 20, 2011

Start of the work day

Well, since I'm terrible at going to bed at anything reasonable, and incapable of getting out of bed before one thirty, I find myself starting my daily writing session a bit later than I probably should.  But there are still plenty of hours left in this day, and it's not like I have anything else planned, so I expect to be productive enough.

I'm all ready here, sitting with the proper word documents open, I've got the right inspirational music playing, and I've got a can of Mtn Dew open next to me.  It's my last can though, so I'm going to need to go buy more.  But I just got paid today, so I can afford to buy a twelve pack before I put the rest of my pay check towards bills. 

Anyway, it's moderately sunny outside, so I've got the pump running again to drain the water from the pool cover.  I had it almost completely done, and then it started raining for three days.  Quite annoying.  But considering it's too cold still, or there aren't enough regular warm days, and there's no way the pool is ready to open, it's not like I'm losing any time draining it again.  Though the back yard is getting a bit flooded with all the excess pool water.

But now that all that is in the process of getting done, I'm siting down now to spend a good few hours getting some writing done.  I don't know how much I'll get done, or if I'll start the writing itself, or just focus on planning now.  We'll have to see how things go.  I'll probably focus on planning more, since I don't quite feel like I have enough of a buffer to make a start on writing the book itself. 

So wish me luck, and that I don't have any distractions, I'm going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment