Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back on the saddle

Well, I pretty much suck when it comes to actually having a schedule.  But as of today I have my blogging somewhat under control.  Not only are all my posts up to date, but I have made progress into writing future posts in advance.  This is crucial since I'm so overly ambitious when it comes to blogging.  But I've finally figured out that a new blog post a day isn't impossible, especially when I have them done in advance. 

Now that I'm finally getting a semblance of order  into my writing, I can finally force myself to actually regularly write.  I know I keep saying that I will, and I flub it more often than not, but now I'm serious.  This is the moment where I sit down and finish the rewrite for this book.  I've got a clear idea of where it is going, and am going to try out a new method of writing.  Namely I'll obsessively plan every little detail and then sit down to write it.  Hopefully that will mean that when I write it won't be crap.

After finally finishing Dragon's Egg I intend to start work on Epic Heroes.  Nathan is going to be self publishing his Paradise Seekers for the kindle, and since I'm one to follow the crowd I kind of feel like I should give that a shot myself.  So I'm going to be getting that finished as quickly as possible. 

At the same time I'm trying to look for work, and while blogging and writing for websites isn't exactly the best way to make a living, at least I'm seeing a minuscule amount of income.  Eventually that is.  So I figure getting some books out there on kindle would be really good because that's another possible source of income.  And at this point I desperately need that. 

Since the best way to keep myself honest with my writing is to find some way of being accountable, expect to see posts on this blog every day with a summary of how my writing went.  It may be overkill, but I intend to post on this blog every day, with news that I did in fact write, and how much.  Don't expect too much from the current updates, since I'm still in the planning stages of the rewrite. 

But I've practically got  the short chapter summaries done and the basic revised plot done.  So now all I need to do is finish that and then write detailed chapter summaries.  Here's hoping this works out for me.  Expect another post later today, with an update about how much I got done.

No comments:

Post a Comment