Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Worldcon: Day 3 - Friday

I'm a little late with this, so I'll be brief.  I can't promise that I'll remember everything that happened.

In fact, I really can't.  The entire week kind of blurred together.  So much happened that by the time we realized we didn't have anything planned for the evening every one of us decided that we should all just go back to our hotel room and rest.

And by rest I mean write, and by write I mean the rest of us wrote while Jason took a nap.  By which I mean Jason, and possibly Adam were diligent, and I goofed off on the internet while Jason took a nap.  Still, it was a good, relaxing evening, and very necessary for our sanity.

I have learned, though, that while panels can be fun, they do get tiresome after a while.  And since the main purpose of these conventions is to make contacts, I think the only panels anyone should be going to are the ones that have people you want to talk to on them.  Take that with a grain of salt of course.

Also, flip flops may be comfy, but for goodness sake, bring proper shoes.  Even if your room is close to the convention, you're going to be doing a lot of walking.  So wear proper shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment