Thursday, September 1, 2011

40K Landmark Reached!

Years down the line I'll look back on this event and wonder how I could ever be excited about reaching only 40,000 words.  But for now I will enjoy having written the most I've ever done for one project.

That being said, I find it interesting that I've almost doubled the word count from the first draft. And I'm not even really halfway done.  This is probably telling me that I have a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed, but I'll save that for after I'm done.  I would cry if I decided to cut down on my word count now.

Where I am right now I'm not too satisfied with the scenes I've been writing. Unless I can fix them up in later drafts I'll probably cut them out. I hope I don't have to, though since the main purpose is for world building, I think I can safely say they will be cut. Not very encouraging writing something knowing it will be cut.

I've started preparing to plan my next book, currently titled Epic Heroes: A Test of Heroes (name likely to change). I haven't started planning yet since I still need to finish up the plan for later on in Dragon's Egg but that should start soon, so that by the time I finish my current book I'll have a new one to work on.

Since this is mostly my personal blog right now, I don't really ever expect people to read it.  I should work on posting more entertaining entries, maybe that will bring people in.  Those that do read this, keep in mind I have more than one blog, you might enjoy checking a few of them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment