Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dragon's Egg: 3,351 Words

I'm really bad at updating this when I write something.  Or I'm really bad at writing.  You decide.  Either way, I'm going to try and make a habit of updating this blog every Sunday, with a total word count for the week.  Hopefully this won't be completely depressing.

I decided to do my best to finish this book today.  And Hallelujah I did it!  This marks the first officially completed book I've ever written.  Yes it isn't the longest book out there, but it's middlegrade and those tend to be on the shorter side anyway. 

Technically I have finished one book before this, but it wasn't one I'm proud of, and the ending was just me giving up on it.  So as far as the Derek Bown Canon is concerned, The Dragon's Egg stands as my first completed novel.  Or novella... 

Well, either way this is an exciting night.  I'm sure as I go to edit this book I won't be so smug about it as I am now.  But for now I'll just relish the high I'm getting off of finishing this book.  Now I can buy my ticket for world fantasy, now that I have something to show editors and agents.

No comments:

Post a Comment