Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dragon's Egg: 1,484 Words

I got the rest of the book planned last week, and have since not gotten around to finishing it quite yet.  But I'm slowly getting there.  I'm really excited, because I have the ending all planned, so I know what I'm going to work towards, and this will be my first really finished book.  At least the first that actually counts. 

I wrote about 1,484 words, and we are rapidly approaching the climax.  Can't wait to get there.  This has been an education for me, as I've relearned the importance of having an outline for me.  At the same time I've also learned that while I have the important stuff planned out, and a lot of the minor stuff, I need to adapt my planning style to flesh out everything in a plan before I write it out.  Though I should probably keep myself from going overboard.

Well, it was a bit of a rough session this time, I didn't get nearly as much done as I hoped, but I got something done, and should be finishing this book soon.  It'll be good to have one done, and I'll be able to carry what I learn on to the next book.  Here's hoping I get to the point where I can write longer books.

I'll probably be able to pull it off, once I perfect my planning method, and am able to get the creative juices flowing well enough to do some discovery writing for the stuff in between.  Mostly I need to work on my transitions from scene to scene, and I'll be much better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment